PDA

View Full Version : savage model 11 bth laminate stock

p3orion
12-15-2009, 11:18 AM
I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with the laminate thumbhole stock. My firearm is a 308 and It was purchased in feb of 08 and I have a crack that is aprox 3 inches long where the laminate is seperating you really cant see it but you can feel it when you rub your hand over it. I called them they said to send it in but they would have to look at it for a warrenty.Would really like some opinons on what to do or just let it go as it does cost money to send and recieve for shipping. thank you!

tinkerer
12-15-2009, 02:20 PM
I know several laminates that have split.

The recoil lug, if properly bedded, should be absorbing MOST of the recoil. But the pillars still get a pretty good beating and can only absorb/spread out the recoil so far. This is why you ocassionally see cross bolts behind the pillars.

If they'll fix/replace it, ship it. Its still cheaper than buying a new stock. Good case for the asluminum bedding block, even more area to spread out recoil.

Larry
Tinkerer

p3orion
12-16-2009, 09:48 AM
thanks for the info thats vgood to know I only noticed the split when I clean it the crack is on the opposite side of the cheek rest but im afraid it may get worse or I would worry about it!!