PDA

View Full Version : Best Factory ammo for the AXIS 223

Pages : 1 [2]

Howie
12-02-2012, 06:30 PM
You can only blame the ammo for so long until its more of the shooter.

I guess there is some truth to that however going from 55 to a 68 grain bullet made a world of difference for me. When I was talking to customer service they suggested to not use the Tula ammo at all they said it may be part of my problem with the extractor getting messed up, take it for what its worth. That was enough for me I quit using it and haven't had a problem since getting the rifle back. I picked up some 68 grain Hornady that was $30 for 50 not sure the exact specs on it but it improved tremendously. I was getting quarter size groupings at 100 yards , I was at 3 to 5 inch group before that.

Amistoso
12-02-2012, 08:58 PM
For plinking at 100 and 200 yards you should use factory ammo that is not boat tail. Best I have found is Hornady 52 grain match. The Hornady steel match comes in 55 and 75 grn, about $19 for 50 rounds. Just shot a bunck of sub MOA groups at 100 and 200 rounds using the 55 grn steel match.

The Black Hills and Federal Gold Sierra 69 grain HPBT are 300 to 500 yard ammo. I buy a lot of the Blach Hills reloaded ammo, even their seconds. They have moly coated bullets that are amazingly accurate.

Thanks for the tip brass!