PDA

View Full Version : Mounting and sighting in Scope on Edge Rifle

lockwoodjohn
07-31-2012, 09:24 PM
Has anyone had any problems with the Scope base tapped holes in Edge Barrels not being in true alignment with the center line of the bore. To get cross hairs
of Scope on center had to use Burris Signature Rings with .020 inserts. Just would like to know if I was the only one or other shooters ran into same condition .

Thank You
lockwoodjohn

Kaianuanu
07-31-2012, 11:45 PM
the scope rarely is perfectly aligned but usually it does not cause functionality issues, my axis is slightly misaligned but it shoots great.

jpdown
08-01-2012, 12:05 AM
Not a uncommon issue. That why standard scope bases have a windage screw and Burris Signature rings come in handy.

lockwoodjohn
08-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Thank you for the input

lockwoodjohn

seanmurphy265
08-04-2012, 10:24 PM
I had my Nikon Scope bore sighted and mounted by my local gun shop, and it was shooting about 5 feet low at 100 yards! I said I was going to change the factory mount so I could add a 50mm scope, but I have not touched it yet.

MaDa
08-05-2012, 08:07 PM
After a couple botched local gun shop mounting and bore sighting jobs I have elected to do all the work myself when comin to aligning and sighting in my scope/rifle.

My model 25 shot approximately 2 foot off the .00 inserts. I was able to get it dang close using the inserts. Wish I could find another set of rings....

lockwoodjohn
08-14-2012, 07:47 PM
MaDa,

Do you mean the Burris Rings, And does Burris make inserts with a zero off set, That is what I need to get my Scope on center!

Any Input welcomed,
Thank You, Lockwoodjohn

MaDa
08-15-2012, 03:53 PM
Burris signature zee rings. They come with the factory .000 offset that will shoot like every other set of rings. Then you buy a set or two of the offset inserts that come in 3 different offsets to bring it back to center. Check the Burris website for a video with how the signature zee rings work. I've had no problems with them holding zero. And they come highly recommended by others here also.

I couldn't find them locally so I just ordered a second set through amazon.

You could probably measure how far off it shoots with the 0 inserts. Then buy the appropriate offsets you would need. I knew I would end up with another set of rings so I bought two insert offset kits with all three offsets, just incase.