PDA

View Full Version : SSS centerfeed single-shot feedramp pics

pdog06
04-24-2008, 01:14 AM
I ordered a couple of single shot feedramps from SSS for a centerfeed action and put one of them in tonight. They work great and are really easy to install. I haven't shot with it yet, but just toying with it with an empty case I just threw it in there and it slid right in. Perfect. I thought I would post a few pics of it just incase anyone was interested in buying any from SSS and didnt know what they looked like. As far as I know he is the only place that makes them for the centerfeed action. Cost is $18/each.

To install you first have to remove the magbox and follower, but you need to keep the tab in it's slot or the action will be low in the rear. I just glued my tab in with a dab of wood glue to keep it in place, then if I ever want to use the magbox I can just pop it back in.

Here's the feedramp

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t106/pdog06_photos/DSCN3035.jpg

Here's how to install it in the action. It just slides in and the rear pushes up in tight and the stock keeps it from coming out of place.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t106/pdog06_photos/DSCN3036.jpg

Here's the finished install

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t106/pdog06_photos/DSCN3037.jpg

Maybe this should be in the accesories review section on the main page or some other area I dont know. I figured I'd post it here for people to see, and if the mods want to move it that's fine with me, not that that really matters ;) :laugh:

reloader243
04-24-2008, 09:38 AM
SSS part #..? For long and or short actions?.How to order if not shown on SSS website?
Any and all infor appreciated...looks like a winner.
Rick ...New Berlin,Pa

pdog06
04-24-2008, 09:48 AM
SSS part #..? For long and or short actions?.How to order if not shown on SSS website?
Any and all infor appreciated...looks like a winner.
Rick ...New Berlin,Pa

Hey Rick,
I dont recall the part number, and I dont have my receipt with me at work today. They make them for both long and short action centerfeeds. Best way to order them is to just call Lisa and order it, thats what I did.

P.S. You haven't responded to my pm about coming to the Pa get-together. Were you interested in coming? It will be in Bloomsburg on 6/14/08. PM me and let me know as were trying to get everything finalized. All the specifics are in the Pa get-together thread in the off topic section, under Savageshooter Shootouts.

Don - LongRangeSupply
04-24-2008, 10:01 AM
Quite some time ago before SSS offered them, I made one out of a High Score follower. Good to know that I can get one off the shelf now if I ever need another one.

It looks like a well made part.

jpdown
07-17-2009, 08:35 PM
I recently installed a SSS CF Single Shot follower in a Savage Long Action 114 with Drop Box Magazine. I was using a .243 caliber barrel on this long action. The metal frame for the DBM holds the SSF firmly in place. Good fit and worked great on recent PD hunt with over 200 .243 65gr rounds down range. Straight feed. Works much better than the Hi-Score follower I currently have in my Savage SA 204 Ruger with SF magazine.

Savagebien
10-30-2009, 12:36 PM
I recently got one of these followers, its amazing! I put it in my short action 6br that I built, feeds the 6br ammo with 107smk's FLAWLESSLY! Best 18 dollars plush shipping I ever spent!