PDA

View Full Version : Newbie help with build in Wisconsin

faciszewski
07-25-2012, 09:58 PM
I am new to the forum and have spent the last several months reading up on savage actions, barrels, etc. I have a model 10 that I would like to put a heavier barrel on and was hoping there would be someone in Wisconsin that would be willing to help me with the process. I am in Marshfield, WI.

Dennis
07-26-2012, 12:23 AM
Rebarreling a Savage is pretty easy. Just need a go-guage and a vise. I made a barrel block out of a 2x4 that works great with my shop vise! I am sure we can walk you through it. Is the barrel channel on your stock big enough to handle the heavy barrel you want to put on? Usually you can sand/enlarge them fairly easy with PCV and Sandpaper. I am sure there are many ways to do it and maybe someone else will chime in with their ideas!

Dennis

My model 10 has a heavy barrel on it from the factory. Tell us a little about your gun and exactly what mod's you are wanting to do!

Grayfox
07-26-2012, 06:24 PM
PM sent.
Grayfox

Leonardo63
07-29-2012, 09:08 PM
Welcome! Easy stuff, you'll love what you learn and you will develop a secondary thought of how you will be doing the next one. Jim from NSS is a great supplier of products you will need.