PDA

View Full Version : Criterion/Lothar Walther AR (a little off topic)

GA-SURVEYOR
07-25-2012, 09:58 PM
I would like start off by saying I received alot of good info on this forum when I was building my stevens 243 and once again I come to you guys for your opinion. Please forgive the non savage question but I feel that there is alot of knowledge here.... After reading all of the excellent results you guys are getting from Criterion and Lothar Walther with the savage prefits. I have been looking at Fulton Armorys criterion Hbar contour for $200 and the Lothar Walther Hbars (both in 20" hybrid/wylde chambers) for my AR. opinions and suggestion wanted. looking to build a mid weight predator rifle with the most accuracy for the money.

aimatit
07-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Lothar Walther ,making barrels for soooo many different branded manufacturers . Tapper lapped barrels! Call them at Cummings Ga.

LRJammer
07-28-2012, 02:30 PM
I have a Lothar Walter AR barrel and it is extremely accurate with almost no copper fouling at all. Mine was built for predator hunting and it does very well for the cartridge limiations for my area. I live in Western Oklahoma and it is EXTRMELY windy, all the time and thus, a magazine fed 223 is very limited in this environment. It does well for medium ranges and fast action but I use my 260 when things go long.

DanS
08-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Lothar Walther can make a good barrel, and If the barrel is in stock I might use another, but I can't ever imagine using his services again. Not real happy with an individual there.

I have a 20" 1-8 SS LW barrel for my AR15 in 223. Haven't really worked with it much. It does shoot pretty good and cleans up nicely.

I have never dealt with Fulton Armory that I can remember.

thomae
08-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Deleted