PDA

View Full Version : Rimfire Help w/ Model 6D Value?

Charleslee1
07-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Hello everybody! I just joined your wonderful forum & need your help pls. I've been collecting firearms for several yrs. now and a friend just gave me my first Savage, an old Model 6D. The rifle isn't in the best condition, it has numerous small spots of rust but otherwise appears sound. I would like to find out what it's value is, if any? I do not have a computer but if I were to take a few shots of it w/ my iPhone & email them, then possibly one of you could post them. I'd very much appreciate it. I'll furnish the ser. # range as well. If someone is willing to help, pls. email me at: charlesleeperfectshot@yahoo.com. Thank you.

Charleslee1
07-22-2012, 09:50 PM
I checked-no serial #.

Charleslee1
07-23-2012, 08:34 PM
Wow! 13 views, not one lousy reply. You're a real helpful bunch, aren't you?

thomae
07-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Charleslee: I hope you meant that humorously.
No replies means that no one who read the post knew the answer.
Some people read the title, and because they know they don't know anything about the subject, don't read the post.
Others, and apparently I am in this group, sometimes read posts on subjects about which we are ignorant. I try not to reply when I don't know a useful answer (unless I am trying to be funny...which sometimes is appreciated and sometimes not...) and often learn stuff simply by reading.

Try not to take it personally, you may have asked a real stumper and possibly no one here has a good answer for you. Sometimes it works out that way.

Have you checked the Blue Book of Gun Values? It should be available at your public library and might offer a ballpark estimate.

Charleslee1
07-25-2012, 10:48 AM
I was in fact being facetious. Obviously no one was familiar enough w/ this particular model enough to accurately render a value. I w/ check The Blue Book of Gun Values as wisely suggested by Thomae. Thank you all for looking. Good shooting/collecting!

Admin
07-25-2012, 01:51 PM
They're basically worth what someone will give you for it. I know that sounds generic, but it's the truth. The old Savage rimfires have no collector value other than a few select models (Model 19's, 23's, and the early pump-actions), and given replacement parts are all but non-existent nobody really wants them. If someone is interested they usually just want it for parts and don't want to give much more than about $50 for it.