PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Stevens-Savage Model 94

22clad
07-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Hello new member. I recently came into a Stevens-Savage Model 94 (107B) according to my research.

I know it is a singe shot 12 gauge and I know how to break it down. Other than that I don't really know much about it. I would like some general info on the firearm, some general shotgun care (seeing as though this is my first) and would like to know how I could test it to make sure it is safe to fire?

The barrel feels securely on the receiver and the firing pin is struck when aiming somewhat downward (aiming straight or up it doesnt strike the pin) i don't know if thats a safety feature or a problem.

the only problem I see (and it's not really a problem) is that the stock is starting to separate from the receiver. I have seen many pictures of the firearms tapped in that area so I assume its a common problem with this firearm?

it's an oldy but goody in my opinion and I hope I can put it to use. Thanks for any answers.

Admin
07-19-2012, 11:15 PM
Best recommendation would be to take it to a qualified gunsmith and have him give it a once-over if you're unsure if it's safe to fire or not. We can all make assumptions and guess-timates here, but without seeing it first-hand and feeling how tight/loose certain things are we really can't make a definitive call as to whether it's safe or not.