PDA

View Full Version : Good stock for 12 dbm

Johndenverut
07-05-2012, 02:34 PM
I have a savage varmint short action with a dbm. I want a stock for it but am having trouble finding one. I like SSS's lrbr stock butnhave tried contacting them 3 times with now response. Is there anything similar to that stock at that price point? I dont mind doing some work (pillar and action bedding, and light sanding/staining) I would like to keep cost around 350, but any help is appreciated. The stock must accept a bull barrel too.

pdog06
07-18-2012, 08:31 AM
You could always buy an over the counter stock(B&C Medalist, Stockys, Boyds, Choate, Mcmillan, etc) and have a gunsmith inlet it for the DBM. Actually Choate has a model that comes already inletted.

Then there are custom orders from SSS, Stockade, Joel Russo, and a couple others, but then you have the wait times to deal with. If you do not mind the wait though you WILL end up with an awesome stock from any of these makers!

The other option is to keep an eye on the classifieds on here, but the custom stuff doesnt show up too much and when it does they usually do not last long. You gotta be quick....LOL

What kinda stock are you looking for? Just maybe one of us may decide to sell one if we know exactly what you want?