PDA

View Full Version : I ran out of things to modify on my Edge.

Pages : 1 [2]

mattm0812
09-28-2012, 02:49 PM
What?!??

Haha I don't know. It's from my favorite movie.

Elteyr
09-28-2012, 07:21 PM
Haha I don't know. It's from my favorite movie.

HAHAHAHAHA
I've decided that although I've only been here for a few weeks... I like it here. and i'm never leaving.... you can't make me.

thermaler
09-28-2012, 08:13 PM
Not quite everything--how about a custom cammo job? : )

BTW I have a prostaff and buckmaster on my two Axis rifles (both 40 front bells) and the bolt handle clears both--and the one of them is even the lower weaver rings (less than 1"). Was your bolt handle hitting the scope or was it just too close for comfort?

mattm0812
09-28-2012, 09:05 PM
HAHAHAHAHA
I've decided that although I've only been here for a few weeks... I like it here. and i'm never leaving.... you can't make me.

I'm the youngest one on this forum so expect similar comments.

fgw_in_fla
09-28-2012, 09:17 PM
Yes - I had to file the top of the bolt handle because it was hitting the scope bell. Both - My Barska & Nikon gave me trouble. I even have high rings on one of them & it didn't help.
I think the angle of the bolt handle has something to do with it.

I think that's called the angle of the dangle or something like it....

Frank in Fla

Oh, and Eltyer.... You can stay.

We're leaving...

Don't forget to lock up & turn off the lights when you go......

Frank in Fla

bobfortier
09-28-2012, 10:30 PM
In fact, I am more afraid that the US customs refuse to import an evil "firearm part"
However someone on your side is verifying this, there is hope...

And I am as Canadian as you can imagine. Wool cap, drinking Molson eh !

Elteyr
09-28-2012, 11:39 PM
In fact, I am more afraid that the US customs refuse to import an evil "firearm part"

And I am as Canadian as you can imagine. Wool cap, drinking Molson eh !

I'm keeping my hopes up! I'd love to buy one from ya!

thermaler
09-29-2012, 04:52 AM

And I am as Canadian as you can imagine. Wool cap, drinking Molson eh !Don't forget the hockey stick/puck (or the Stanley cup : ) )

I live 90 miles from the New Brunswick border--I know places where we can just walk across it--think about it--a lot better than smuggling dope or terrorists. : )

Seriously--you come down and join Frank in sunny warm Florida (think beaches, no snow, bikinis--you get the idea) and set up a manufacturing operation for custom wood stocks for Axis rifles--YOU BOTH WILL BECOME RICH! I bet you could get pre-orders from this forum alone that will keep you busy for years!

Blue Avenger
09-29-2012, 09:08 AM
lair! The bolt body, bolt assembly screw, no barrel flutes, no metal engraving, the stock has no adj pieces on it. Man your not even close to done!! After you get that stuff done I may cut you some slack on the electronic fire control system. :)

fgw_in_fla
09-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Blue -

I ran outta money......

Frank in Fla

Blue Avenger
09-29-2012, 06:41 PM
LOL That I can believe! hobbies = negative money

IRISH SGM
08-09-2013, 08:09 PM
FIF
Could I also get the details on converting the BAR mag to work on my new .308 axis xp?
Thanks Man

RatMag
08-10-2013, 09:32 AM
The BAR magazine won't work for your .308 correctly. You are better off using a G3 magazine body to do the conversion. I have built over 200 of them, and they work like a charm.

DK

IRISH SGM
08-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Thanks man, I am fairly handy is there anything specific I need to be aware of for the conversion?

lotusboyrulz
08-13-2013, 08:10 PM
is there anyway to make a mag for a .270 win ???

RatMag
08-31-2013, 01:06 PM
The BAR magazine can be converted to work with the 25-06, 270, 30-06 calibers. Cut and modify the body to have weld tabs front and rear. Modify the follower and spring assemblies a bit so you have transition clearance. Cut the bottom of the plastic floorplate out and slide it up onto the welded magazine bodies. Go shoot!!

DK

3093Andrew
08-31-2013, 05:32 PM
That mag looks awesome on your axis. Do you think you could post some pics and directions on how you made it??

fgw_in_fla
08-31-2013, 06:52 PM
Andrew -
Check your PM messages...