PDA

View Full Version : Two questions/problem on new savage build

rrflyer
07-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Just put together my first savage with a CBI 260 barrel and it shoots great. I have two questions though.

1.) The accutrigger fails part of the time. Mainly when running the bolt quickly. The accutrigger part simply wont move and I have to recock the gun to get it to reset. I'm guessing this may be because the trigger is set to light?

2.) The actual cocking piece on the bolt that sits just in front of the handle will move forward and aft a little bit(1/4 inch) I know theres a all bearing there to keep it from rotating. Just wondering if its ok for it to slide fore and aft.

Thanks.

82boy
07-03-2012, 02:26 PM
1.) I'm guessing this may be because the trigger is set to light?

Yes you are correct.

2.) The actual cocking piece on the bolt that sits just in front of the handle will move forward and aft a little bit(1/4 inch) I know theres a all bearing there to keep it from rotating. Just wondering if its ok for it to slide fore and aft.

If your talking about the rear baffel then what your describing is normal. The cocking pice is a rounded pin that rides on the sear inside the action.

darkker
07-03-2012, 02:51 PM
As 82 said,
Crack-U-triggers are somewhat infamous for the "light-weight drop" Turn up the weight adjustment.

And yes, the rear baffel is only there to help contain the gas in case of a case seperation.

BoilerUP
07-03-2012, 03:20 PM
I demand you post pictures once that T2 arrives at your door...