PDA

View Full Version : Powder Dispenser

wal0001
07-02-2012, 03:14 PM
have finally gotten the hang of reloading and starting to reload a lot of rifle cartridges. I now currently weigh every load out and it takes awhile. Any suggestions on the best automatic dispenser/scales? I have looked at them all and read the reviews, some always have negative remarks. Any help from those of you who have one and what you would get..

nsaqam
07-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Save your money and get to be consistent with your manual powder measure.

I routinely throw hundreds of charges out of an ancient Lyman 55 and these only vary +/- .1 grain.
With good ball powder like Magpro the variation is even less.
This much variation will be completely unnoticeable.

Throw and go has been my mantra for many years now.

brtelec
07-02-2012, 03:38 PM
I throw into a powder scale pan and trickle up to weight. It is time consuming, but this way if there is an accuracy issue, charge consistancy is one thing I can eliminate as a possible problem. I used an electronic measure and scale for a short time and was amazed by how long it took. Plus you need to double check your digital scale with a beam scale, I was surprised the variation sometimes. Now I find it is no more time consuming doing it the way I do it. Of course it also feeds my anal retentive nature!

Savage22-250
07-02-2012, 03:43 PM
I have the rcbs charge master 1500 and it works flawlessly. My dad has the Lyman one which he doesn't like one bit. I get maybe 1% over charges depending on powder and with 223 or 204 by the time I seat the bullet the next powder charge is waiting for me.

rjtfroggy
07-02-2012, 05:12 PM
I have to agree with sav 22-250 I use the rcbs and very very seldom does it drop an over or under weight charge.
I do all mine with it (couple hundred a week) and it is great. Yes it takes longer because I drop on the degital then go to the balance scale then the cartridge but I use my loads for comp. and practice and it is always consistent.

Balljoint
07-02-2012, 08:15 PM
I use the Powder measure on my Dillon 550 with a micrometer adjustment from http://www.uniquetek.com/ for up to 300 yards then use my RCBS Charge Master and a RCBS RockChucker that i have used the Hornady LnL conversion for quickly changing dies when needed