PDA

View Full Version : Nitriding Questions ..

Opus Dei
07-01-2012, 09:39 PM
The few posts about it are gone, now. So, I'd like to revisit the topic. Specifically, I have a Brux barrel ordered from Sin Arms in the works. It'll be roughly December before I get it, from Devin's estimate. So I've got time to think it over and get opinions.

This is easily the most expensive barrel I've ever bought, and in 7 WSM, I gather it won't have a life of more than several hundred rounds. The idea of nitriding for longevity is interesting, yet when I asked at Brux if they thought it was warranted, they didn't see the point. Furthermore, they were uncertain if it'd void their warranty; I believe it was someone named Kelly I was corresponding with that wrote this.

Given this, what are your thoughts on the barrel or the entire barreled action? And there was one post where a member had a contact with a company that did work at a good price but would even do better if their name was referenced. If you were the one with the hook-up at that company, could you repost the information and your cleaning method? Thanks in advance.

rjtfroggy
07-02-2012, 11:04 AM
If you would go to page 2 you will find a post that is elevin(11) pages long on nitriding.Maybe what you are looking for is there.

Opus Dei
07-02-2012, 02:30 PM
OK, I figured it out. I couldn't see where there was a page selection box, but I found it through Thread Display Options=1 month. Thanks.