PDA

View Full Version : If your are looking for Varget

Pages : 1 [2]

keithcatfish
12-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Just shoot. Great taste in film by the way. Dolemite is one of my favorite movies of all time.

dolomite_supafly
12-19-2009, 10:51 PM
If I can get my rifle finished in time I might take a trip out there tomorrow. If I do I'll be shooting a tensioned 223 that is all polished up now. Basically barrel, bolt, bolt handle, rings+ bases all polished in a black stock.

It depends more on how I feel than whether the rifle gets done. I just put the final coats on the stock.

Dolomite

keithcatfish
12-20-2009, 11:03 AM
I'll have my VLP and a Mauser sporter. I'm easy to recognize, 6'5" and wearing a black coat. Hope to see you there.

durango
12-26-2009, 02:45 PM
This kinda morphed into a Walmart discussion, so FWIW, here's what I can add. I worked for WM, in the sporting goods for 8 months and what I learned was that basically, a store could order whatever their regional warehouse had in stock. In certain lines, the local mgr could order from a local specialty wholesaler (this store did that with all fishing terminal tackle and bait). A couple years ago, we drove I-80 from Iowa to kalifornia using WM gas cards and we walked the stores for leg stretching. It was rather surprising to see the different lines carried at the various WMs--some had reloading, some didn't. The store that I worked in did not have access to reloading supplies (Iowa is a ML and slug only for big game), but we sold the daylights out of archery and muzzle loading. No guns, but 45 miles away in Council Bluffs, you can still get 'em---???? Steve