PDA

View Full Version : 6MM BR Repeeter

Dangerous Dan
12-08-2009, 11:54 PM
I Was Woundering I any Of You Fellers Have Built any B R repeeters My Gears are a Turning and Before I Fill Up My Screp Bin I Thought I Would Ask You All Thanks For Your Input DD

Horsemen
12-09-2009, 09:08 AM
I was thinking of a similar build this next year. I'm still thinking weather to use a CF or SF action. If one can get or build bottom metal for a SF action, It might be easier to get it to feed reliably. I have yet to find any "details" of a BR repeater in a Savage. I'm sure that someone has tried or done it. Hopefully they will chime in.

Regards Mike.

WC
12-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Savage makes a the long range prec varmiter in 6br repaeater with detachable magazine but it has a 12 twist for lighter bullets. I wonder how good they feed. I would like to build one for heavy bullets with a 8 twist but the reading I have done says they tend to hang up and not feed smooth.

Wade

sinman
12-09-2009, 09:41 PM
trying to get a 6mm br to feed from a SF action is next to impossible if not impossible. You can get them to feed from a center feed with some work or get the factory one and swap a barrel to what ever twist you want.

Horsemen
12-09-2009, 10:56 PM
"trying to get a 6mm br to feed from a SF action is next to impossible" :P LOOKS LIKE A CHALLENGE! I did some more research, found that CDI does make bottom metal for the SF action. They use the Accuracy International "AICS" magazines. My thought, add a block to the rear of a 308 mag, and modify the follower to fit. Similar to the mod of the Rem 700 mag on 6BR.com. This my be plausible. After I finish my LEFT HANDED 338 EDGE, pay my taxes,and make to next year,Then I will start this project. I hope that SSS can make some more parts for my left handed guns ;D

Regards Mike

sharpshooter
12-10-2009, 01:43 AM
Savage make a 6BR magazine. Stagger feeds will never work to get one to feed reliably. I really doubt that a AI 308 mag will work either, but it will only cost about 100 bucks to find out.

Dangerous Dan
12-10-2009, 10:12 PM
Thanks For The Help Fellers I Think I Have It Figured Out, I Will Let You Know after I Test It DD

Horsemen
12-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Did some more reading, may have better luck with the 6BR improved cases they are longer. I'm thinking of trying the 6XC. Good accuracy and longer range. My purpose is for a tactical/varmint rifle. Easy to load and not having to fire form brass.

sinman
12-10-2009, 10:37 PM
you can feed the 6x47L with ease