PDA

View Full Version : wood accustock?

HEAD*HUNTER
12-08-2009, 09:46 PM
i just picked up a model 10PC with the accustock. very happy with my purchase, but the stock feels very "plastic" and i like the feel of a wood stock. is there going to be such a thing as a wooden accustock?? is there even a wood stock (not accustock) that would fit the "10PC"?? could the bedding in the accustock be removed and installed in to a wooden stock? thanks for the help....

82boy
12-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Welcome to the site.
The accu-stock was a invention to solve a problem, that problem was the plastic stock twisting, and flimsy feel. There is no "wood accu-stock" because wood doesn't have the same problems. Placing the bedding area out of an accu-stock into a wood stock, would be a lot of work, and IMO a waste.

The only wood stock I know that you could use on a accu-stock gun would be one from a model 14 classic. You could always have a custom stock made. The problem with the accu-stock guns are they use a different style of bolt release, and require a different inletting. They also don't have the flat side of the receiver for a bolt release like other savages. To add to it the accu-stock guns use a different recoil lug. The model 14 is the only wood stocked gun I can think of that has the same changes.

HEAD*HUNTER
12-09-2009, 02:14 PM
cool thanks for the info.....i tried searching for stocks for the model 14 and cant seem to find any, im looking for a thumb hole stock, any ideas of who might sell these stocks??

82boy
12-10-2009, 01:01 AM
SSS