PDA

View Full Version : Lefty - Righty Bolt Invention....

daniel brothers
06-21-2012, 08:33 PM
I know this may be crazy...but it seems like it could work... I have two righty savage 110's that I wish were lefties... and got to looking at them closely from the back of the bolt and started wondering why someone couldn't make a longer bolt that attached to the rightie bolt... but protruded up and out to the left side of the rifle at a 10 O'clock angle.... so that it would be possible to bolt it from the left side by pulling down.... which would pull up the righty bolt. I see how it would work real easy... but have no way of making it. If someone would start making them.... it might just take off... I know I'd buy some.

Yes... the left side of the bolt would stick up in the air... but so what... it won't open up as long as the safety is on.

Anyone have even a little bit of desire to tackle this idea....?

nsaqam
06-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Savage has long been committed to the LH market, more than any manufacturer I know of.
They make plenty of LH models and have done so in the 110 series since their introduction in 1958.

Sell the starboard siders and get a proper port side action.

Sorry, but that's how I see it.

psharon97
06-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Fred Moreo at SSS can convert you savage rifles so the bolt is on the correct side. I had him do one on mine and couldn't be happier with it. ;D
The other option is to sell the action and buy the action you want.

airaddict
06-22-2012, 12:48 AM
Theres always someone looking for an action in the classified.

Brian