PDA

View Full Version : Hog hunting the easy way ;)

Apache
12-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Saw this on the 6mmBR forum, Thought y'all would enjoy it! ;) ;) ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiHmYsyVniE

kweeks10045
12-10-2009, 08:48 AM
Hogs are highly destructive in South Texas. Too bad they couldn't get the animals to hunters for the hungry. They make great pork chops and hams. I have seen them killed literally by the truck load. I doubt we can ever make a dent in their population.

BrentWin
12-10-2009, 09:05 AM
"If they run, they are hogs. If they don't run, they are well disciplined hogs"

"Sows and piglets? How do you shoot sows and piglets?"

"Easy, you just don't lead them so much"
\

Full Metal Jacket (kind of)

Three44s
12-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Can PETA be far behind? I bet they'll eat their shorts on this one!! ::)

Back a few years, our family could get a permit to air gun 'otes. We did not fly a lot, just enough to pressure the coyotes away from our cows calving but one 'ole dog really stands out.

We'd made a pass on it and I missed (10 ga. Double barrel 3.5" mag, 4 buck) and he ran down a steep hill ....... as we turned (fixed wing airplane) he converged on us and we met head on.

Just short of his goal ..... a bunch of sagebrush ...... he froze right out in the open ........ all four legs kicked out sideways like braces .......

....... and THE LOOK ...... on his face .............

The "OH CRAP" look ........... I kid you NOT!

They have THAT look ........ just like 'ole Wiley Coyote from the Bugs Bunny/Roadrunner Hour!

Well. Me being a "thrifty sort" ...... I'm going to not waste any lead til I see the WHITES of his eyeballs!

AND just as I take up the slack ......... he starts jumping sideways ...... left .... right ..... left .......... I'll bet he was making 4 to 5 feet center to center ..........

My shotgun was a side by side and in a dive ...... closing fast ..... you can imagine the air pressure on 32" long barrels sticking out into a 75 mph airstream?

So I tried to "pass" shoot ...... that is the barrel stays put cause I have no choice and let 'ole Freddie pass by ............ ::)

Long story short .......... he most likely died of OLD AGE! :-\

From this video it looks like the flat terrain and the use of a chopper allows these fellows to get real close ......... which helps ....... because I can tell from experience that when you are moving and your quarry are moving .......

........ it ain't easy! And I was using a shotgun .......... so for this fellow to use a rifle ... as he would have to with a tough adversary like these pigs .......

Makes this guy ONE FINE SHOT!

And one not so apparent danger is where is the expended brass (shot gun hulls) going ???? If the aircraft has controls coming out of the floor it would have to be well booted because an empty could jam the controls and that's gonna hurt real bad.

Three 44s

BobCl
12-21-2009, 10:27 PM
I had heard those things were fast, but seeing is believing. Some of the local farmers have tried to eat them and say there is just no way tenderize the meat enough to make it worth the trouble.

yotesniper
12-23-2009, 12:19 AM
I hunted a 4400 acre place in the panhandle of Texas for 3 years and one of those years the hogs were so bad that the land owner hired a chopper and gunner to take care of them. Us 20 hunters were not shooting enough of them. Go figure right. These two guys shot over 400 pigs in two weeks and still did not make a dent.

Three44s
12-23-2009, 10:46 AM
Is that a target rich environment?

:o

Three 44s