PDA

View Full Version : CRF to push feed please HELP!!!

Pages : 1 [2]

nsaqam
06-21-2012, 07:59 PM
If that is your preference by all means go for it. But I for one see no problem with the nut as an aesthetic detriment. By the way, have you looked the the AuctionArms website? I saw many left hand models on there among the dozens someone (obviously a dealer) had listed. Might be a way to get the left hand action you want for reasonable money. I do have empathy for you nutless left handers ::)

El lobo

I did look at Auction Arms the minute you (IIRC) posted that they were there.

Just bought a coupla lefties though and my gun money fund is depleted. :(

Heck, I may go nutted on my 7# LH LA build just to save an ounce or two.

There is certainly something to be said for the nut but for a really high class rifle I feel better going nutless.

nsaqam
06-21-2012, 08:03 PM
well its all set, the dies are ordered and CBI has replied that they will thread and crown but not cut the chamber. my smith has an account with 4d so the reamer will be here when the barrel is. I have already been doing some load data, and cant wait tell I can get this build going for my "girlfriend" she asked me last night if the rifle was still gonna be hers,Lol i said of course it is honey, tho I may shoot it every now and then.LOL I really want to thank you nsaqam for steering me in this direction. Jay..... Ps I like the look of the nut and as hot as this round is I might have to change barrels every few months.LOL

My pleasure helping someone on the path to true rifle looney status!

That is a very cool cartridge and I like your response to your GF.

Be sure to have your 'smith stamp 6.5 ROCK on the barrel as that is WAY cooler than 6.5 WSM.

bowhunter42
06-21-2012, 08:40 PM
actually gonna engrave the rock into the side of the action.lol great minds think alike

nsaqam
06-22-2012, 01:12 AM
Here's a bit of interesting info I found on this cartridge.

Reamer is available as "6.5 WSM" from Dave Manson - .2642 freebore diameter, .210 length freebore, 1.5 degree throat for VLD style bullets.

Berger .264 VLD 140 grain bullet was used for throat and freebore dimensions.

bowhunter42
06-23-2012, 08:02 AM
nsaqam, How do I get ahold of Dave Manson, my smith and I decided to buy that reamer because he would like to build a rifle in the 6.5 rock for himself! thanks. :)

nsaqam
06-23-2012, 08:25 AM
www.mansonreamers.com

(810) 953-0732 or (810) 953-0735

nsaqam
06-23-2012, 08:28 AM
I may ask to borrow it in the future too!

bowhunter42
06-23-2012, 09:08 AM
Hey Thank you and you are more than welcome to borrow it anytime! I was talking to my buddy at the best of the west yesterday about this cartridge and he was very interested in it, He really wants to hear how it shoots and performs, and like I said my smith wants to build one for himself.