PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Magazine coming apart?

o_Rosa_o
06-19-2012, 09:26 PM
Anyone else have this issue? I bought a fv-sr a week ago and let me tell you I love it!!!. It has taken place of my 15-22 as my favorite. But anyways I have about 300 rounds in it and the magazine today on the top part came loose and the bullets just spit out now when I load them. I super glued the piece back cause that's all I had but I did order two new 10 round mags.

MaDa
06-20-2012, 06:25 PM
Never had any issues with my model 64f magazine. Sorry not much help besides that.

Bubba1962
06-21-2012, 10:17 PM
I've been having problems with my .17hmr magazine spitting out the bullets. I wound up squeezing the top of the mag together, and it seems to have helped. Not sure if it's the same problem you were/are having or not.

o_Rosa_o
06-22-2012, 01:05 PM
I've been having problems with my .17hmr magazine spitting out the bullets. I wound up squeezing the top of the mag together, and it seems to have helped. Not sure if it's the same problem you were/are having or not.
I think it's the same problem. It's just the little piece that fits on the other side of the mag just bent out and now won't stay tight causing bullets to spit out. But no biggy , new mags come tomorrow.

Coffee
06-30-2012, 07:32 PM
My new mkii fv was doing the same thing. I applied some jbweld to the rear of the magazine then filed out what was in the way of the clip. Held great.

boxcar77
07-01-2012, 10:30 PM
I took a chisel to the tabs that stick out the side of the magazine. Turn the chisel 90° of the tabs and put the chisel about 1/32 from the end of the tab and smack it a couple times with a hammer. It fixed my problem with my 93.

Boomer58cal
02-18-2013, 06:23 PM
Never had a problem with anything from savage but I've heard a few people complain about low quality as of late from others. I think this is do to the high rates of production brought about by the shortages. Or it could be a fluke.