PDA

View Full Version : Criterion 260 Rem Chamber Reamers Yippee!

hnts4fun
06-19-2012, 03:48 PM
To anyone else out there in "I'm-waiting-for-my-260-barrel-land "besides me... good news! I spoke with Jim Briggs this afternoon and Criterion has just today received the reamers they have been waiting for. The way Jim explained it to me, a couple of months ago, was that some of his bench rest shooting clientele had not been able to seat their 140 grain class bullets out far enough to be able to achieve maximum performance. He threw some very tiny numbers in my direction, which I understood at the time; but it sounded to me like these new reamers were going to be used to make chambers with throats just the slightest bit longer.

Rather than opt for another barrel maker, I've been hanging around waiting for these reamers to be delivered. Jim says criterion has yet to test the reamers, but if everything goes well, production should start in a couple of weeks. This is my first aftermarket barrel ever; and first Savage project, so I'm kind of excited to know the ball was finally rolling. According to Jim the folks at Criterion have been expecting delivery "any day now" for at least a couple of months so he's pretty excited too.

bootsmcguire
06-19-2012, 10:24 PM
You will love that CBI barrel, mine in 6BR shoots great and cleans easy. I am going to order my 2nd CBI in 243AI sometime this summer.

Good luck and good shooting to ya.

rrflyer
06-20-2012, 01:49 AM
Hmmm... Good news but the way it sounded like the other chambers were cut a little shorter which actually made it possibly to play to play with distance from the lands even when shooting from a box magazine. I was told to probably expect my barrel this week as well....

I guess well see.

maclowry
06-20-2012, 10:48 PM
cool, like to hear how they work out. as i'd like to get one soon.

hnts4fun
07-09-2012, 08:25 PM
I spoke with Jim's better half today and they have just received a batch of Criterion barrels, including mine :)

I was told customer orders will be shipped by this Friday... can't wait!

BoilerUP
07-10-2012, 04:27 PM
A 130gr Berger VLD hits the lands @ 2.95" OAL in my 18 month old 260 Criterion chamber; I can't imagine what a "long throat" would be like...