PDA

View Full Version : Cerakote color choice for a 16FLSS.

nsaqam
06-19-2012, 03:04 AM
OK, I'm thinking about Cerakoting this rifle, both BA and stock.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad55/gunslinger169/DSC00499.jpg

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad55/gunslinger169/DSC00495.jpg

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad55/gunslinger169/DSC00497.jpg

I'm leaning towards Tungsten Grey for the complete BA and Graphite Black or Midnight Blue for the stock.

What say you?

Willing to consider all suggestions except leaving it as is.

Aircraftmech76
06-19-2012, 03:27 AM
What did you use to texture the grip area? I won't try and give you any opinion as to what you should or should not paint your rifle, but I'm predisposed to not have anything "bullet sponge" dark...

Respectfully,

Kevin

nsaqam
06-19-2012, 03:57 AM
I bought it with the paint and texturing on it.
IIRC the texturing was done with Devcon allowed to tack up a bit and then textured by applying a tongue depressor and pulling it of. The sharp points were sanded off after the Devcon dried.

What do you mean by "bullet sponge"?

Aircraftmech76
06-19-2012, 04:26 AM
That rifle is that color for a reason. How many black SWAT suits do you see out in the woods come deer season, or out in harms way when bullets fly both ways? Black, or dark, colors are the absolute worst thing you can have on your gear. Ever notice how a black bear, or a burned stump sticks out like a prostitute in church? ;D
The ideal color, or hue, that you are looking for is something that is neither dark nor light. You can add whatever hue to it you like, be it brown, green, yellow, etc. Dark irregular objects, as well as lightly colored ones, stick out like a sore thumb in an environment that is neutrally colored.

Kevin

nsaqam
06-19-2012, 04:42 AM
OK.

Funny though how millions of deer have been killed with blued (black basically)rifles in black synthetic stocks.
Tungsten Grey is pretty light.

And this rifle is this way because the original owner deemed it a nice look. I don't.

ellobo
06-19-2012, 06:35 PM
If you restrict your shots at doe's maybe pink would be appropriate :D

El Lobo

nsaqam
06-19-2012, 06:49 PM
I was considering Purple and Gold in honor of my beloved MN Vikings!

Leonardo63
06-19-2012, 07:10 PM
If your hidin in a gilly suit, that's the perfect color maybe= I am seriously entertaining the Cerakote-H for my build. Blued action and SS barrel and lug- I've a few SS barreled guns, but a good blue job, or Park is more appealing to me, so it's really just a personal deal. I like the Graphite black, also the Armor black. cerakotes gallery is the best place to get an idea- I'm sure you've spent some time there already :)

nsaqam
06-19-2012, 07:50 PM
I have pored over the Cerakote website and I'm leaning now towards a Graphite Black BA with a bit of sheen to it.

ellobo
06-19-2012, 08:02 PM
I was considering Purple and Gold in honor of my beloved MN Vikings!

Interesting. I tend to the Patriots colors for two reasons. 1. I am a New England guy and 2. You have to love a team that consistantly beats the snot out of the NY Jets.

El Lobo

Leonardo63
06-19-2012, 08:19 PM
I think there is a Packers AR? on their gallery- Might be a Wingmaster? don't know, it was too ugly to look at for more than a second. ;D

nsaqam
06-19-2012, 08:21 PM
I think there is a Packers AR? on their gallery- Might be a Wingmaster? don't know, it was too ugly to look at for more than a second. ;D

That would be hard to stomach!