PDA

View Full Version : First Savage...part2

95silverstallion
06-18-2012, 10:18 PM
Ok so I posted this originally in the wrong section because i'm so new to rifles that I didnt know the model 11 was a 10 based rifle.

First Savage...heck first Hunting Rifle.... Well, I do have an AR15 but I kind of put them in a different category of rifle.

Anyways, I scored a new Savage 11 Trophy Hunter XP in .308 only minutes ago. Ive been wanting a hunting rifle for a long time and figured what better time to get one then on Fathers Day. It comes with the Nikon scope too. Ill upgrade the scope down the road but my inferior shooting skills will need to be polished before thats even a concern.

Im pretty excited. i'll be hangin around here alot in the future.

Brian

justin1098
06-18-2012, 10:53 PM
Welcome to the brotherhood. You chose wisely.

devildogandboy
06-18-2012, 11:37 PM
congrats on a fine purchase, you'll be pleased with it!

welcome to the forum, lots of valuable info here!

pitsnipe
06-19-2012, 10:17 AM
Yes WELCOME!!! to the barrel nut clan. Recent owner of a Model 10 as well. You will get addicted QUICKLY ;) ;D

Leonardo63
06-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Welcome! I'm new on here too and this is the place for Savage info! Thanks to this site I've ressurected an old 110 I bought 20 plus years ago= Pretty sweet, I found out I can do a barrel job all myself vs waiting months for getting into a good smith. Don't let the mirage of swapping a barrel and getting out for 3-400 bucks sweep you up! I thought the same thing 2 grand ago :) disclaimer- it can be done for cheap if you have the willpower to NOT think something you don't have might be better.
btw- just screwed on and headspaced my first barrel last night! was total cake! A caveman could do it! (that is with the internet and Savage Shooters) ;D

ellobo
06-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Good job Leonardo. How about some particulars, like, caliber, barrel make, Length etc.

El Lobo

95silverstallion
06-19-2012, 10:14 PM
Im already considering a stock upgrade. It should be fun.

I'll get it zero'd in at 100yds then go up to Northern Michigan to my buddy's land where I should be able to get close to 400yd shots for fun.