PDA

View Full Version : McGowen

Pages : 1 [2]

Blue Avenger
10-06-2012, 10:30 AM
I ordered three threaded and chambered. They sent unfinished blanks. As that is what I was charged for ( not ordered ) ,I took them to someone else to finish. They shoot well. Mine were ordered straight from the shop.

goob
10-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Goob, if you paid with a CC, do a charge back on them. I bought it through Jim at NSS. He is a great guy to deal with and this is in no way his fault, but thanks for the thought.

nsaqam
10-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Order a great barrel in the contour you want from one of the many barrel makers and have it threaded and chambered/throated to your exact specifications by a quality gunsmith.

I just can't see spending that kind of money for a barrel which isn't top echelon and one which is chambered with a generic chamber/throat.

I also don't see the utility of going through a middle man to get my blank. Deal directly with the barrel maker.

I know every time I call Rock Creek Barrels I speak directly to Mike Rock. Can't get straighter poop than that.

10-07-2012, 01:06 PM
Sorry, that was posted 2 days ago by a guy selling McGowen barrels on another site. Figured he would have current news.......guess not!

scope eye
10-07-2012, 02:21 PM
I thought McGowen barrels was sold a while ago and the new owners just kept the name.

Dean

Blue Avenger
10-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Harry McGowen sold his barrel business a number of years ago.
He is no longer connected to McGowen Barrels.

Admin
10-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Shutting down the rumor mill. Thanks for playing, please come again!