PDA

View Full Version : Hog Hunter Model 11/111 Scope & Sight Questions

Magus
06-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Just got a Hog Hunter model a while back and plan on putting a scope on it soon.

I'm going with a pretty simple set up. Warne two piece base and likely the Warne Medium QD rings. Height on those is .375

Scope will likely be a Redfield Revolution 3-9X40mm

Main question is in regards to the fixed sights. With what I'm looking at getting for a scope/rings and mounts, should I be at all concerned about being able to see the fixed sights through the scope? They sit fairly high, and just want to make sure what I'm getting will work. Just want to make sure the sights aren't in my scope's field of view at all. Seems like what I plan on getting should work, but I thought I'd ask anyway for anyone who's mounted a scope on the Hog Hunter. Thanks for the help.

Hersh5317
06-13-2012, 03:26 PM
From my experience, even if you see the sights through the scope, they will be more of a ghost image and not a problem.

Magus
06-13-2012, 11:21 PM
That's more or less what I was thinking. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to be too distracting if they were at all visible. Appreciate the input.

Hersh5317
06-14-2012, 10:11 AM
No problem. I scoped a front sight gas block AR with a removable carry handle. I could see the front sight as a shadow. I used it to gauge if my eye was centered in the scope (poor man's parallax adjuster).

reliable
06-18-2012, 06:33 AM
Mounted a 6X Nikon on my .223. Can't see the iron sights at all. Take care. Larry

hunthard44
06-18-2012, 07:43 AM
I have the same set up. Took my sights off when I cut the barrel off to 16 in

Ben Archer
06-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Hey fellas. I just purchased my very first .308 at B@ss Pro and picking it up by the 3 of July. Before I pick it up I was wondering how I can go about removing the iron sights? Also what scope base can I purchase for that rifle? One piece Picatini style would be nice.

To be truthful with you guys I bought the rifle because I wanted a compact .308 that wouldn't cost me $600+. When I looked at the Hog Hunter on the shelf behind the counter it was whispering all the right words to my ears, but the only thing I didn't like was the iron sights.