Pages : 1 [2]

drybean
06-18-2012, 04:25 PM
throw the wedge away
probley was your problem to begin with

drybean

ellobo
06-18-2012, 04:37 PM
I think you definately need the wedge as it is the recoil lug. I don't think you should shoot it without the wedge. Hopefully someone more familiar with the Accustock will chime in here with suggestions. If nothing else send me a PM (Personal message here) and I will call Effie at Savage, explain the problem and find out how soon they can send a replacement then get back to you on this forum or by e-mail if you have an e-mail address on your profile. If all else fails I will obtain the wedge and a new screw and FedEx them to Norway. I will also check to see if Savage has a distributor in Norway that Savage can contact to help you out localy. Did you buy this rifle locally?

El Lobo

JENFighter
06-18-2012, 04:59 PM
Thank you for your offer to assist Ellobo. The recoil lug is still there and undamaged. It is just the wedge (that was pressing the lug against the aluminium rail bedding when torqued) that broke. I guess now it's more or less like the old savage stock, but with an aluminium rail bedding?

thomae
06-18-2012, 06:09 PM
+1 to Drybean. The new accustocks don't even use the wedge and don't have a screw there. Try shooting it without the wedge.

ellobo
06-18-2012, 06:35 PM
There you go! Advice from the real experts. But I do suggest you tap the rifle on its butt to make sure the lug is seated firmly on the bedding before you tighten up the reciever mounting screws. Good luck. Let us know how it all works out.

El Lobo

thomae
06-18-2012, 07:21 PM
There you go! Advice from the real experts. But I do suggest you tap the rifle on its butt to make sure the lug is seated firmly on the bedding before you tighten up the reciever mounting screws. Good luck. Let us know how it all works out.

El Lobo

+1 to El Lobo: Always a good idea to do what he suggests above.
1 til El Lobo: Alltid en god idé å gjøre hva han foreslår ovenfor.
Takk.

JENFighter
06-26-2012, 03:39 PM
Instant succsess! The rifle now shoots almost as good as my Vepr Super. No (in)accuwedge and a dirty barrel was all it took. Just too bad I had to go through 300+ rounds before things started working as should. Also found a few new good reloads, so now I am one happy camper. Thank you for all the advice.

One question before this thread can be closed: Anybody know a online store that can sell me an extra magazine for this gun and do ship to Norway? I have tried for 9 months to get hold of a 116C bottom release latch here in Norway without luck.

MaDa
06-26-2012, 11:22 PM
I think you may be able to get one from Savage, they have the "Parts Finder" that allows you to look it up. Or you could possibly email them asking them the same questions. Whether or not they will ship to Norway, I have no idea. I would imagine they do considering you have a rifle. Who knows. Keep us updated, and glad you got it figured out!!!!

jonbearman
06-27-2012, 02:32 PM
I would seriously look into a new stock.