PDA

View Full Version : Manners t4a

dirtking
06-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Hello,
I have a savage 111 that is a non acutrigger. It is set up as a blind mag right now. Im looking at a manners t4a that is set up for a centerfeed dbm. They said that these are for a bottom bolt release. Even if i get a mag system set up for a side release will it still fit this stock? Oh my action is a centerfeed.

Thanks
Chance

BoilerUP
06-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Did you talk to Matt @ Manners, or maybe Tom himself? They could probably give you the answer very quickly.

dirtking
06-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Yea i did get an email back from matt and wasnt sure but didnt thing they would work

RatMag
06-11-2012, 08:30 PM
From the previous Manners MCS-T stock that I had, it was originally for side bolt release. There was only a slight bit of inletting in the trigger area that had to be done for it to work. Tom asked me what all I did to make it work, and I sent him some pictures of the modifications. My stock was for the short action, but I don't believe that your long action would be any different in regards to whether or not it would work.

So to make a long story into a short answer... Yes, I do believe it will work.

DK

dirtking
06-12-2012, 07:27 AM
So you think that a stock that is for a bottom bolt release will work with a side release with little modification? Hate to spend that much if it isnt going to work.

Thanks
Chance