PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: stocks?

baseballj1j
12-07-2009, 02:52 AM
will any 10/22 stock fit my savage hk2 bolt action?

shelbyfan
12-07-2009, 06:42 AM
In a word, no. In multiple words, you could do it but you would be better off buying a stock instead.

There are a few companies that make stocks for the savage Sharp Shooters Supply, Boyds, Richards Microfit, even Savage will sell them to you. All have different styles and quality.

Fitting and wait time is another topic all together.

Is there any stock in particular you are interested in?

82boy
12-07-2009, 01:07 PM
It would take a whole lot of epoxy to make it work.

baseballj1j
12-14-2009, 07:23 PM
In a word, no. In multiple words, you could do it but you would be better off buying a stock instead.

There are a few companies that make stocks for the savage Sharp Shooters Supply, Boyds, Richards Microfit, even Savage will sell them to you. All have different styles and quality.

Fitting and wait time is another topic all together.

Is there any stock in particular you are interested in?

Yes any type of stock that will make my rimfire more tactical looking in appearance, kinda look alike AR stock is what i had in mind, something with an adjustable stock like an AR and multiple scope, light etc fittings options on it. If you know of anywhere to loate a stock or accessories like that i would be greatly appreciative.

shelbyfan
12-14-2009, 10:10 PM
No one makes a stock like that. But I bet if you found a stock that was built for a short action centerfire you could fit it. It would take a lot of work involving bedding, rearranging the mounting holes and such. Then it would need painted.

http://savagearms.com/images/centerfire/lawenf/10bask.jpg

Sounds like a project.