PDA

View Full Version : ER Shaw barrel from Midway USA

trucknhunter
06-08-2012, 09:25 AM
I'm thinking of buying the 260 Rem ER Shaw barrel kit from midway to put on my axis. The drscription says it's for a Savage 110 small shank. My question is will this fit my axis? Thanks for any help.

bobfortier
06-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Yes it will

fgw_in_fla
06-08-2012, 05:24 PM
The only place you may have a wee bit of trouble with is the fore end IF it's a fat barrel. One of the guys here used heat to soften the fore end and spread it open to fit a fat barrel. This way you don't have to cut any material away which may cause your Axis / Edge to have a case of the "wiggle - wobbles"...

Otherwise you may want to consider a game plan if you have to modify / cut the fore end to fit up a barrel.

Do a search on barrel replacement on Edge or Axis. You may find that tid bit of info that'll keep you from losing your sanity... :-X

Good luck with your project ;)

Frank in Fla

trucknhunter
06-09-2012, 06:12 AM
Frank it's just a factor contour but thanks.

fgw_in_fla
06-09-2012, 10:00 AM
Oh... Cool.

I kinda like that kit from Midway. I think for $150 or so you get a barrel, wrench & some other odds & ends. It looks to be a reasonbly good deal.

Let us know what it looks like when you get it - if you can.

I'd be interested in it. The only problem I see with it is they never have what I want in stock....

For the past 5 - 6 months, every one I thought about getting was "out of stock" with the 'ol 30 day backorder. I'm much too compulsive to want to wait 30 days. By then I will have changed my mind 3 times :o :o :o :o

Frank in wet Fla