PDA

View Full Version : Fitting Model 10 on HS Precision Stock

HighRez
06-07-2012, 11:36 PM
After a 5 month wait I finally received my Manners T5A for my Model 12 LRP .260. My plan was to put the HS Precision stock that was on the LRP on my Model 10 .223, replacing the factory "tupperware" stock. After taking it to my gunsmith for that and some other work, he called to say that there is a slightly different screw spacing between the Model 12 and 10, according to him about .010 inch.

I've read in the FAQ's that there are several different hole spacings according to generations. Is there indeed supposed to be this slight difference? Anyone have any suggestions on how to make this work? I have considered getting a CDI DBM, having the HS stock inletted for that and re-drilling the aluminum bedding block on the HS stock to fit the DBM. Would this work? I sure do want to use the HS so any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks.

jonbearman
06-08-2012, 02:12 PM
You must have a staggerfeed mod 10 where the mag box stays with the reciever when you remove it from the stock. LONGS ARE 5.062 ,SHORTS OF THE OLDER STAGGERFEED ARE 4.275 AND THE NEWER ONES ARE 4.400. iF your smith could mill the correct hole spacing and ream the stock and aluminum for a larger custom pillar and epoxy it in and fill in the void. Yes it can be done period.

JW
06-09-2012, 07:30 AM
If the holes are only off .010 he could drill the hole/holes in the stock out larger
a 1/32" larger bit than the hole diameter should give you enough clearance
Possible that a 1/64" larger bit would get the job done

Jack