PDA

View Full Version : Stock for new single stack blind box action

jb177
06-01-2012, 11:39 PM
All my savages are the older staggered feed actions and I'm looking to build another pdog rifle. Seems the actions I'm coming across are the newer bolt spacing and would prefer to stick with blind box. Never been a fan of DBM. Anyway, what good aftermarket stocks are available these days for these actions? I like HS precision but I didn't see a configuration to fit the new spacing with blind box mag. Did I overlook them?

What other options are out there?

Thanks....jb

nsaqam
06-02-2012, 12:37 AM
McMillan.

rusty815
06-02-2012, 01:57 AM
Any major stock manufacturer should make them for centerfeed rifles, Choate, B&C, Mcmillan, Manners, and Stockade should all make stocks that accomodate you. H-S Precision does make stocks for centerfeed 4.4" spacing Savage rifles, but I could not find one in the blind mag configuration.

jb177
06-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Thanks... I really have no plans to spend $500 on the stock, so that leaves out the higher end stocks. Basically just looking for something a step or two above factory stock.

nsaqam
06-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Since the riflestock is how we interface with our rifles I think scrimping on a stock is foolish.

That said, if you're willing to do some work the Money Saver Stockade is the most quality you can get for the buck.

Choate, B&C Duramaxx, puhleeze!

psharon97
06-02-2012, 07:01 PM
The Choate UV would make a good stock for bench work and is a low priced stock. Up from that, SSS can build a stock, however, you should expect a long wait for it.