PDA

View Full Version : Changing stocks and magazines?

pyrolater
12-05-2009, 11:55 PM
I just bought a new 10FP. It came with the cheesy plastic stock of course so I want to put a new one on.

I'd also like to change it to a DBM at some point.

I haven't taken anything apart yet to look at because there is a bunch of caked on something on the bolt and ejector so I don't know if have to send the whole rifle or just the bolt back yet.

The question I have is do I have to order a new blind magazine or other parts to change the stock? I was looking at a Bell and Carlson to start with.

If I get around to going to a DBM I know need to order bottom metal. Does any one have any suggestions and experience with different bottom metals and DBM?

Last but not least is there a good Savage take apart and put back together book out there?

Three44s
12-06-2009, 01:07 AM
A shameless plug for this forum:

The best book I've seen is a paid membership here.

I'm sure there are books ........ but the sections that you avail yourself for twelve bucks right here is outstanding!

And where I found a gap in the info ....... members are very good at filling any perceived gaps.

VIVA Savageshooters!

Three 44s

CDiPrecision Gunworks
12-06-2009, 06:16 AM
I make a nice DBM unit for these rifles. Check out my website for NFO..:)
www.cdiprecisiongunworks.com

hershey
12-06-2009, 09:35 AM
cdi looks like a good way to go for a staggerfeed, but sharpshooters is way cheaper on a centerfeed, use their mag and factory bottom metal.

pyrolater
12-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the info. I checked out both places they both look like the will work. Decisions decisions.

The best book I've seen is a paid membership here.

I'm sure there are books ........ but the sections that you avail yourself for twelve bucks right here is outstanding!

Not to sound like a tight ass but what are in these special sections? This is my first Savage so I will have a lot of questions but I want to make sure I'm at the place before I give away my $12.