PDA

View Full Version : rings for 10/110BA

ibanezboy21
05-29-2012, 07:46 AM
Hi just wondering what rings you recommend for this rifle
i would like to use something from seekins precision but it seems their rings not high enough with the stock rail attached to the rilfe

icerider
05-30-2012, 02:17 AM
:) I would say that the rings depend on the scope you are mounting. On my 110BA I installed a Night Force 3.5-15x50 non zero stop, with a Barrett BORS system. The BORS does not work with zero stop. I had to use the Barrett zero gap rings with the BORS however after seeing them and using them I would buy these rings for any long range rifle I was going to mount a scope on, with or without the BORS system. They are not cheap but you do get what you pay for. Make sure you use loctite on the rail mounting screws and a inch pound torque wrench. Things go better with proper torque! Without knowing any more about what you are intending that is all I can suggest.

ibanezboy21
05-30-2012, 05:49 AM
oh the scope is a vortex viper pst 6-24x50
got .087 rings and they dont clear the rails im guessing i need rings higher than 1's

icerider
05-30-2012, 03:51 PM
:) My Savage rail has a cutout for the scope objective. Also the rail in front of the objective end is lower than the part of the rail above the receiver and almost even with the bottom of the objective end. This lets me use lower rings keeping the center line of the scope only 2.5 inches above the bore. I know there are a lot fancier rifles than the 110BA but none as good for the money and the Savage actually out shoots some of the expensive ones. (American Rifleman March 2010 Savage vs Sako) I don't think it matters to a dead terrorist which sniper rifle killed him. He is dead and that is what counts. If you have not purchased the correct height rings yet do yourself a favor and at least take a look at the Barrett zero gap rings. I think they are around $225 a set but they are as good as it gets.

Shooter2112
06-13-2012, 12:13 PM
I just mounted that same scope on a 10FCP. I used Burris extreme tactical medium rings over a Farrel (MOA) one piece mount. With the caps, it clears the barrel by .150. Perfect for me and by big-head cheek weld.