PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Savage model 67 e

ddgrego
05-28-2012, 06:59 PM
I have a 67e shotgun with tab on left side of trigger.It will not pump unless you push in on the tang.Is this correct or should it pump and load next round with out pushing in the slide lock?Just curious.It also has a sefety on back top of receiver.Thansk

bootsmcguire
05-29-2012, 01:58 AM
Should be like any other pump. Use the tab to work the slide, when the gun has not been fired. Should allow you to pump in another round after the trigger has been pulled. At least that's the way mine is.

ddgrego
05-29-2012, 08:26 AM
so on this model you always use the tab to pump it or after its been fired it will pump with out using the tab?My neighbor brought it over to me to clean and after i put it back together he siad it always pumped regardless.i told him the spring wasnt even in the right spot as it would pump regardless of loaded or not.now you must use the tab to pump as i showed him there wasnt any other way for it to go together correctly. Thanks for any info on this gun.

bootsmcguire
05-29-2012, 11:30 PM
after its been fired it will pump with out using the tab

Just like a Moss 500 or Rem 870 or most any other pump. To work the action without firing you must use the tab. After firing you should be able to pump without using the tab.

At least that is how mine operates. I have yet to have to take it apart so I can't help with the springs location.

lonestarjeff
10-09-2012, 10:14 AM
My 67D has had the same issue for many years. My Dad quit using it back in the 60's & gave it to me. I was just a kid & liked taking things apart. There was a broken slide lock spring in the trigger assembly. I had no idea how to get parts for it back then, so I shelved it & forgot about it. This past weekend I drug it back out to play with it & of course the slide still won't unlock w/o depressing the tab.

This gun is stamped as a Springfield by Savage Arms. The safety is a cross bolt in the trigger guard. I thought Dad told me he bought it around the time I was born....maybe late 50's, but I haven't seen anything yet that helps date it(other than SN or no SN).

Jeff