PDA

View Full Version : CDI Precision detachable mag

blwnbwtie
12-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Did a search and didnt see anything on here. Has anyone tried these, and if so what did you think of them? I saw it said that the savages may require action modifications, is this just the stagered feeds that need the mag removed from the action or is there more to it than that? Here is the link to the kit http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productnumber=153803

Balljoint
12-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Have a call into CDI about just this for my short action Choate Tactical DBM Rifle, want to make sure it fit's so but in a call to them

CDiPrecision Gunworks
12-06-2009, 06:00 AM
Hi. The Choate stock is very good and worth the $$. IF it is a factory inlet for the Savage Factory DBM, it will fit with just a little trimming(make the slot wider inside, not visible).. its easy to do.. after that it is a drop in, trim the bolts and ur good to go..:)

axaviere
12-06-2009, 06:32 AM
the guy that owns CDI posts regularly on snipershide.com he is very helpful and you can just ask him. he will do the inletting for $60 and i have read no complaints about his product. hope that helps. if i were gonna buy it, i would buy it from him for $210 and he will answer any questions

Balljoint
12-06-2009, 08:38 AM
It looks like it will fit my stock, as said left message when i call but it looks like he answered my question in his post didn't know he posted on this form.
Thanks Again

axaviere
12-06-2009, 10:01 AM
lol, with the format of this board, i didnt even notice that it was his post above mine.

blwnbwtie
12-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Cool, thanks for the info. Time to start saving up some money now.

Balljoint
12-07-2009, 05:31 PM
Just spoke with Jeff at CDI and the bottom metal are on the way to me, says all i have to do with my stock is inlet some in the in the middle at the thinnest part good person to talk to. Thanks Again Jeff

Balljoint
12-11-2009, 08:36 AM
It looks like the bottom metal and clips may be on the way

Balljoint
12-12-2009, 03:26 PM
The parts are here now just have to get to them next week and get them installed

aubie515
12-12-2009, 07:31 PM
I have the CDI mag system. When I received mine from Jeff, there were no instructions, so I have no idea that I had to cut the front screw and the latch on the mag latch. The system works as advertised.

Balljoint
12-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Mine did come with instructions looks to be some work, I'm sure it will be worth it when done

LawmanSales
12-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Hi. The Choate stock is very good and worth the $$. IF it is a factory inlet for the Savage Factory DBM, it will fit with just a little trimming(make the slot wider inside, not visible).. its easy to do.. after that it is a drop in, trim the bolts and ur good to go..:)

How about working with a factory Savage HS Precision or McMillan DBM stock?

axaviere
12-14-2009, 05:06 AM
try going to CDI's site and or calling directly. also i think its cheaper to get it from him directly. just by a bit, but still.

oltmann
01-27-2010, 01:50 AM
Just wanted to let you all know about the great work Jeff does. I sent off my stagger feed 10fp in a B&C Medalist to Jeff and he got it just before heading out to SHOT. I had him inlet my stock to install his DBM system and also cut the bottom of my action to fit the AI AW double stack mags. He had my gun back in the mail to me the next day before leaving to go to the SHOT show.

I shot the gun last weekend and I couldn't be happier with the 10rnd AW mag. Feeds every round in the mag 1 through 10 exactly the same. Also loads from the top just like the stock internal mag, maybe even a little easier.

Dinosdeuce
01-27-2010, 11:07 PM
Great post, looks like I'll be saving for a CDI DBM.

W4hl
01-28-2010, 10:12 PM
So on the 10FP the action needs cut and on the 10FCP-K the action does NOT need cut? I already know the the stock requires some inleting (B&C at least).

Thanks

oltmann
01-29-2010, 12:20 AM
I don't believe any of the actions need cut to use the AICS single stack mags.

The bottom opening on my 10fp action had to be trimmed to allow the AW double stack mags to insert far enough into the action. I believe any action would need similar machine work to fit the AW mags. A quick call or email to Jeff could clarify.