PDA

View Full Version : Striker Stosk

carpetbroker
05-26-2012, 12:54 AM
I know a folding stock is not legal on a handgun or Striker. Is it legal to add a butt stock or add a
rigid not folding butt on a Striker? I'm having a dificult time reaching someone in the ATF.

bootsmcguire
05-26-2012, 01:28 AM
Could be done, but a lot of paper work and tax stamps would most likely be required. Probably would not be considered a pistol when you were all said and done.

Why would you want to add a stock to it?

Probably would be easier to get a rifle and put on a short barrel and license it as a short barreled rifle. If you start with a rifle and keep the barrel over 16" then no licensing or paperwork is required.

carpetbroker
05-27-2012, 12:19 AM
I am just having a tough time with the Striker. I gave hp on my 460 S&W after years of hunting with it
due to my hand problems. Thus I am trying the 7-08 Striker. Just don't want to give up entirely and
go to my Tikka.
Thanks for the reply.

bootsmcguire
05-27-2012, 01:02 AM
I know what you mean, I was having issues with my right hand which was making it difficult to shoot some of my handguns. Luckily 90% of that has cleared up, but I have a feeling it will be back before I am all said and done. A Striker is on my bucket list of handguns while I have the ability.

If your barrel doesn't have one, would a muzzle brake cure your issues? or at least reduce the difficulty?