PDA

View Full Version : Thumbhole stock for Striker

carpetbroker
05-25-2012, 01:17 AM
Help please! I just spent 3 months making a stock for my 7-08 Striker. Many,many hours and I ruined
it when I bedded the action. I just plain screwed up. Now I'm through feeling sorry for myself and am
ready to go again. Do to time restraint I would like to buy a semi finished rifle stock to start with.
I've called many stock makers, but they say nothing they make will fit. I tell them the action is my
only concern since I will redo the rest of the stock. What model are you guys purchasing? You can
tell I'm green about this subject. I have hunted with a 460 S&W 10"PM for years, but the ol arthritus
won't allow it anymore. That's why I went to the Striker wih a forearm so I can hold it.
Thank you

Appleseed
05-25-2012, 06:57 AM
Replied to your pm about thumbhole stock. Maybe somebody here can suggest a repair for yours? The Boyd's stock won't fit a striker midgrip action if that is what you have.

If you have a mid grip striker, go to Joel Russo's web site, and a member here. He has a new wood thumbhole and wood midgrip.

tinkerer, a member here has both of these finished. Try this link for photos, you may have to join the site?

http://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3826077864/m/4280027146

Appleseed
05-26-2012, 08:59 AM
If you haven't done away with your stocks, may be an easy fix. Check your pm.