PDA

View Full Version : AccuStock torque by "Savage"

devildogandboy
05-24-2012, 01:13 PM
i was going through my pamphlets on some of my guns and found the manual for my Savage 16 with the accu-stock and this is how they would have you torque your action screws.
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb379/devildogandboy/SavageTorquing.jpg

apologies for the bad scan, i'm computer illiterate!

Cycler
05-24-2012, 06:31 PM
That page is out of date and pertains only to the first Accustock rifles with the "Accuwedge". Soon thereafter Savage eliminated the wedge from their stocks. My M16, purchased in Feb, 2011 did not have the wedge and the owner's manual included stock removal/installation directions for both stocks with the wedge and those without.

devildogandboy
05-24-2012, 08:34 PM
yes, this is for those that still have the accu-stock with the wedge, i purchased mine just about 1 year ago.
if this information is not pertinent for anybody's use, i will gladly remove it!
Bruce

Cycler
05-25-2012, 03:50 PM
yes, this is for those that still have the accu-stock with the wedge, i purchased mine just about 1 year ago.
if this information is not pertinent for anybody's use, i will gladly remove it!
Bruce
Oh, no, I didn't mean the info was useless, just that it doesn't pertain to current Accustock rifles. There are plenty of guns out there with the wedge. As I said, the owner's manual with mine showed the technique for both types of stocks.

devildogandboy
05-25-2012, 04:38 PM
Cycler, i just posted this because i have been usiing the method described at the top of this section where you gradually torque each screw by 10inch lbs and that has worked well for me.
but i ran across this article in the manual and thought it might be interesting to those with the wedges so they can see the difference in methods. i myself have not used this method. i will one day of course out of curiosity and it seems to be a quicker method as you can do the whole torque sequence in 3-4 steps instead of the 10+ steps in the other method.
just hope it's good reading if nothing else. :)