PDA

View Full Version : 62/64-Series: Savage 64f trigger adjustment.

trucknhunter
05-24-2012, 10:15 AM
I bought my son a 64f. We love the rifle but i was wondering if there is any way to lower the pull weight ours is pretty heavy. Thanks for any help given i'll check back later.

MaDa
06-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Obviously not recommended unless you know what youre doing and or have experience doing so : I trimmed mine up pretty good. I also shimmed the side of it with small brass washers to take up some side-to-side slack I don't have a gauge to measure the weight and I have never shot a rifle with a lightened trigger besides my accutriggers in my m93 or m25. I don't know what the lowest setting is on either of them. But it is close, if not a hair lighter. And much more enjoyable to shoot accurately.

I have tried slam testing it on the but of the stock multiple times very hard with sharp stops and have never gotten it to fire. I've fastened the action in the closed position to ensure that the trigger and fp would be the only moving parts. And I've left it unfastened to the point that the action slides open and closed, yet it will not fire.

A final note, it is as you know a rather stiff spring and after I trimmed and shimmed mine, I did not stretch the spring. I left it as is and I'm alright with it. There is some slack and play if you try to move the trigger forward to the muzzle. But as I've said, I slammed it a lot, heavy and light, left and right if you get my point, and couldn't get it to slam fire a round. The only time it fires is with a finger pulling the trigger. I've had other people fire it, and have never had any problems, misfires, misunderstandings or otherwise.

Good luck, stay SAFE, and have fun.

trucknhunter
06-06-2012, 02:47 AM
Thanks for the reply. I have replaced the spring in my axis. That worked really good I didn't know I could do that with the model 64f also I'll have to look when I get home. If I understand you right your saying the same thing can be done to the model 64f.

MaDa
06-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Yea, you only have to take the two bolts out to remove the stock. And the. You can pry the trigger spring from its place. And trim it or replace it. I tried replacing but didn't have a suitable spring.