PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Used A QD Mount On Their Rifle?

Opus Dei
05-19-2012, 08:20 PM
Working off the idea that Savage caliber changes are relatively easy and inexpensive, you could have a vast difference in chambering with just one rifle. Or simply have one caliber but specialized optics to suit applications.

To that end, does anybody use a QD mount atop a rail to swap optics? Something like the GG&G or Bobro mount? Thanks in advance.

Blue Avenger
05-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Tried Leupold, They tended to wear fast at the friction points.

brtelec
05-19-2012, 09:30 PM
On my precision type rifles I use nothing but A.R.M.S. QD mounts. I have never had a problem with return to zero. I take my scopes off while cleaning and maintaining my rifles. On my hunting rifles I use Warne QD mounts and I am amazed by how accurate they are in return to zero also. It is also nice to be able to pull them off for storing them in my safe. I do not have to worry about knocking my expensive optics together while dragging them in and out.

geargrinder
05-19-2012, 10:01 PM
I had the same results with Warne QD rings. Very solid and repeatable.

Except on my last elk hunt. The scabbard I was using would grab the levers and loosen them as I was drawing it out.

I'm back to Signature Zee's and carry a screwdriver in my gun case.

jlang11
05-19-2012, 10:19 PM
Warne QD rings

+1!

icerider
05-30-2012, 02:23 AM
:) On all my rifles that I carry or hunt with that have a scope, I use Wern QD mounts. They are solid, rugged and always return to zero. On my military AR types I use American Defense QD mounts. They always return to zero and have never given me one second of problem. On my 110BA I use Barrett zero gap rings. AWESOME rings. For what it is worth.

larrys1911
05-30-2012, 08:17 AM
Ive got a BoBro on my 450 Bushmaster and its always spot on.

Now I havent messed with it but a few times but so far in 4 times its been close enough that I cant see a difference in POA to POI shift and the bushy is a one holer believe it or not.

Larry

pitsnipe
06-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Warne QD +3
Back to zero every time.
Using an EGW 20 MOA HD Pic rail on a .308.

skypilot
06-04-2012, 11:12 AM
I have a Leupold detachable mount on my 375 H&H. I have had to dump it on a few occasions to get quickly to my express sights.
It dumps base mount, rings, scope all at the flick of a lever. It has always returned to zero with no issues.

PBinWA
06-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Warne QD +3
Back to zero every time.
Using an EGW 20 MOA HD Pic rail on a .308.

What size scope and height of rings are you using? What's the barrel clearance like?

pitsnipe
06-06-2012, 01:53 PM
A Leupold Mk-4 30mm tube 6.5-20X50 LRT
medium rings (room to use lows but couldnt find em and frankly wasnt sure if they would be TOO low and have to bother sending them back)
so ended up with @3/16ths of clearance to barrel
wont be any problem getting a long sun screen on it later at that height

PBinWA
06-06-2012, 05:18 PM
A Leupold Mk-4 30mm tube 6.5-20X50 LRT
medium rings (room to use lows but couldnt find em and frankly wasnt sure if they would be TOO low and have to bother sending them back)
so ended up with @3/16ths of clearance to barrel
wont be any problem getting a long sun screen on it later at that height

Thanks!