PDA

View Full Version : Remington or Winchester brass...Why you use it

Pages : 1 [2]

chuckbuster243
05-23-2012, 04:17 PM
I prefer Winchester but it needs to be annealed after a couple firings. More often in my small caliber "hot" loads. I have worked up my best velocities and consistencies using win brass. This is with exception to Norma and Lapua but you asked about win and rem. I use allot of federal in my 308 and it seems to do fine if I anneal it. I hate Hornady across the board! I have to reduce the charge below minimum in my 6.5 Grendel just so the primer wont fall out on first firing. So that being said I have several hundred 308 hornady if somebody wants to buy it pm me. Matt

Muddly
05-28-2012, 12:04 PM
Definitely Remington. In my 270 Win I had loose primer pockets after 12 loads. Btw I dont routinely shoot max loads. I've had accuracy issues with Winchester brass in several other calibers and a bag of 30-06 brass had primer pockets too shallow to fully seat a primer. In fact they were .005 above the case head and that was as deep as they would go. I'm currently torture testing some Remmys. So far 21 firings in the .270 with a variety of loads and power levels ( 7x57- full throttle). The primer pockets are still tight and I have little use for my trimmer as they stubbornly refuse to grow past 2.535. I'm using a Lee collet die with excellent results. Of course, the cases are quite fireformed , but still chamber comfortably. These Remmys have not been annealed.