PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Ideas Help Needed!

jonnybullslayer
05-17-2012, 12:58 AM
I recently purchased a 116 300 RUM. It has the accutrigger, but is a stagger feed. When I took it apart, the magazine fell apart! It turned out to be a 300 WM magazine cut in half, spaced further apart to accept a 300 RUM follower then had a rectangular piece of stainless sheet metal JB welded on each side. I called the guy I bought it from and he assured me he did nothing to the magazine and that the gun itself was ordered from the Savage Custom Shop. I called Savage and they confirmed it was a custom order (maybe after they quite producing them?). At any rate, there does not seem to be a 300 RUM magazine left on the planet, so I was wondering what it might take to convert this to a center feed? I've read where guys making 338 Edges are slotting the end of their center feed magazines to accommodate OAL. Would I be able to purchase a 300 WM center feed magazine and an "L" clip and make this work?

Thanks,

JB

jonnybullslayer
05-18-2012, 03:41 PM
Anybody? I would really like some first-hand knowledge before I try to order parts. I'm hoping I can do this and put the action in a BVSS stock.

ellobo
05-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Hvn't done it myself but from what I have read on this forum you can replace the stagger feed magazine with a control feed by just putting the center feed in the magazine well and shimming to make it fit. As for extending it for longer OAL I have no idea. Hopefully someone who has done it will chime in.

El Lobo

Skunce
05-18-2012, 11:25 PM
My factory RUM mag looked like it had been made by welding two mag sections together. When I built it into an Edge I lengthened it by cutting the front section off and adding the front section of a 300 Win mag to add an extra 1/4" length. I TIG welded it back together and opened up the bottom of the action with a milling machine.