PDA

View Full Version : 12LRP 260 Rem wins first match

frank1947
05-12-2012, 10:42 PM
Just got this gun a few months ago it has been the hardest of all my guns to get to shoot at what I consider competition worthy tried 6 different bullets, and 3 powders, I finnally went with 108 Gr Scanars and 40.5 Grs of N-150. There were 17 shooters all factory guns and you can change a barrel, no flat bottom stocks are allowed. It is a nice local club. I just couldnt get it to rest right I had been testing loads useing my benchrest stock, and not the factory stock we were shooting 200 yards Varmit for score (VFS) a possible 250 points I tied with another shooter and won by 1x , the bad part is I only had 2x total and 240 points, I wasnt happy with my performance should have been more x with them 10s but just couldnt get rested properly when I did you could feel that 10 coming, you know how you just know you sent a good one down range, everyone shot well and it was good competition and the best $5 you can spend.

MrMajestic
05-12-2012, 11:39 PM
Good shooting! A win is a win however I know how you feel! I'm my own worst critic. ???

frank1947
05-13-2012, 05:59 AM
amen to that

RatMag
05-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Very nice!! Congrats on your winning 1X!! One more than the rest is all that it takes!!

DK

frank1947
05-13-2012, 10:04 PM
thanks ratmag

okiehunter
05-13-2012, 10:41 PM
Good for you, I think the .260 is the most overlooked caliber out there. I have had 3 but down to one at the moment.

handirifle
05-13-2012, 11:02 PM
If you read David Tubbs' articles you'll see he confesses to learning from every win and loss. A win is a win to be proud of, even though you feel you could have done better, I am sure everyone else does too. The point is YOU did one x better than everyone else. That is what separates winners from losers most times.

frank1947
05-13-2012, 11:53 PM
handirifle yes that is true but as Mr Majestic said I'm my own worst critic, I due enjoy the win, I am retired and 65 and I shoot almost daily since I have 200 yard range in my back yard, I know my guns can do it, and I know I can shoot a perfect point score maybe not all the xs but the points and I learned from this last match I should have spent more time practicing with the factory stock since this was all factory gun shoot only, but I screwed up and was practicing and searching for the right load and useing my benchrest stock, so Mr Tubbs is right and a great shooter you definitely learn from your wins and losses no doubt about it, there were alot of challengers in the match and like you all said 1x did it so now its back to the 30BR for the next match Sunday the 20th will be loading and shooting all wk, this will be a 500 point match 250 at 100 yards and the same at 200 I use my best I got my savage target action on a shouldered krieger barrel HV mounted on a Mcmillan edge stock so I am looking forward to that.

Thanks for all the great replies!

frank1947
05-14-2012, 12:01 AM
okiehunter, I had to buy that 260 I didnt have anything in a 6.5 bullet and the BC on those bullets are really high so I had to try one out, it is a good one , I am having a 6.5x47 L being built at the moment on a trued rem 700 action it should be ready about end of June, that 260 once I got the right load is shooting .3 moa at 200 yards all 5 shot groups, I am hoping I can fit in the time to get back to shooting 600 yards bench and F class, I'm not sure I can do it all with 2 different clubs I would be shooting a match of some sort every wk, thats alot of shooting and loading.