PDA

View Full Version : I need help with a single shot adapter.

hawkeye10
05-12-2012, 10:21 PM
I have a Savage model 12 BVSS with a center feed magazine. Several months ago I bought a single shot adapter from Sharp Shooter Supply and have been happy with it. Well today I went shooting and took the action out of the stock to adjust the trigger and can't get the adapter to stay in place. It keeps falling down where the magazine use to be. I can't seem to figure it out, it's like nothing is holding the back of the adapter in place. Don

PS I have taken the action out of the stock several times and never had a problem.

GaCop
05-13-2012, 07:56 AM
I have a Savage model 12 BVSS with a center feed magazine. Several months ago I bought a single shot adapter from Sharp Shooter Supply and have been happy with it. Well today I went shooting and took the action out of the stock to adjust the trigger and can't get the adapter to stay in place. It keeps falling down where the magazine use to be. I can't seem to figure it out, it's like nothing is holding the back of the adapter in place. Don

PS I have taken the action out of the stock several times and never had a problem.

I ran into the same problem but cured it with a little Devcon Steel Putty front and rear.

Blue Avenger
05-13-2012, 08:37 AM
or put the spring under it.

pdog06
05-13-2012, 09:02 AM
The rear of the follower is supposed to rest on the"L" tab that holds the magbox in place. Even though you take the magbox out to use the follower, you may need to glue in the "L" tab so that the action and follower can rest on it. Otherwise there will be a gap between the pillar and the action and if you overtighten the action screws you could damage the threads.

I used a washer that i trimmed to fit the groove in the stock and just used a small dab of glue to hold it in. The follower would fall out if i did not have this in place.

Nor Cal Mikie
05-13-2012, 09:20 AM
Mine just fell out yesterday. It had a little bedding compond holding it in place.
Cleaned it and the area around the bottom the action with brake parts cleaner, put a little bedding all the way around it and clear packing tape over it. Turned it right side up and let it setup over night. Made sure the bedding didn't seep through into the bolt area. Don't think it will be falling out again in the near future. ;D

hawkeye10
05-13-2012, 10:34 AM
The rear of the follower is supposed to rest on the"L" tab that holds the magbox in place. Even though you take the magbox out to use the follower, you may need to glue in the "L" tab so that the action and follower can rest on it. Otherwise there will be a gap between the pillar and the action and if you overtighten the action screws you could damage the threads.

I used a washer that i trimmed to fit the groove in the stock and just used a small dab of glue to hold it in. The follower would fall out if i did not have this in place.

Thanks it worked!!! I put the "L" tab in with a small piece of double stick tape until I could do better. I don't see how it has been working for several months. Don

pdog06
05-13-2012, 10:51 AM
Glad it all worked out for you.

GaCop
05-14-2012, 07:43 AM
Mine just fell out yesterday. It had a little bedding compond holding it in place.
Cleaned it and the area around the bottom the action with brake parts cleaner, put a little bedding all the way around it and clear packing tape over it. Turned it right side up and let it setup over night. Made sure the bedding didn't seep through into the bolt area. Don't think it will be falling out again in the near future. ;D

It won't, thats exactly how I did mine.

Quickshot
05-14-2012, 04:12 PM
I made my own out of a 1/4" piece of delrin, filed and and scraped to angle the cartidge into the chamber and it snaps in and out at will over top of the magazine spring. Same on 2 different Mod 12 bvss and one Mod 700 Rem. 17 rem. cal. Just left everything intact and snap in the follower. Only will fall out when stock is removed and easilly set back in over the spring. Quick