PDA

View Full Version : which rotary tool?

devildogandboy
05-09-2012, 02:23 PM
i'm thinking of getting a rotary tool for working on my stocks, bedding and whatever. would be mostly for just bedding synthetics and woods. i have seen the Dremels and some flex shafts (the cheap ones), just wondering if i can get some input from some as to what you are using. ???
thanks for any help.
Bruce

Opus Dei
05-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Whatever you choose, pick a variable-speed model. Dremel and Ryobi are both good brands. Never had a flex-shaft one; I always thought you'd trade one set of problems for another between the different form factors, so I'll let others speak to the flex-shaft benefits.

nuclabuyer
05-09-2012, 04:48 PM
I have a dremel with a flex shaft. It works the same except you dont have to hold up the weight of the dremel itself

cgeorgemo
05-09-2012, 05:54 PM
I use a Craftsman with a flex shaft. I hang the motor on a hook beside the bench and just manipulate the tool on the flex shaft.

savy22br
05-09-2012, 06:25 PM
I personally like the bluepoint air powered as its of excellent quality and clears the dust while you work as many bedding compounds build up quickly and then you have to stop and brush away so you can see what your doing.

Eric in NC
05-11-2012, 01:49 PM
The key thing to remember is that any of them will let you ruin stuff at an amazingly fast rate!

devildogandboy
05-11-2012, 03:29 PM
The key thing to remember is that any of them will let you ruin stuff at an amazingly fast rate!

with my record that time is cut in half with or without rotary tool! LOL ;D