PDA

View Full Version : Savage illustrated parts breakdown

1jonzmith
05-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Guys,

Maybe I am just inept but I can't find a complete parts diagram for my Target Action. Can only get a partial on the 110. I need a parts breakdown that covers the Target Action. I need a breakdown that covers the bolt. I need a breakdown that covers the firing pin assembly.....I know it must come apart cause it is together....right? The Savage site is no good for two reasons: One, it won't allow me to copy the diagram. Two, it doesn't list the bolt or pin. Very frustrating.

I need the diagrams forwarded to my email acct jegrabe@gmail.com so I can manipulate them and attach them to posts.

Thank you very much,

John

jhelmuth
05-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Without the authors permission, you do not legally have the right to use (IE - repost on the internet) their property (which includes their drawings). I do not know the policy on this board, but please try to get permission where it is needed.

Having said that, here is the link to their "parts finder" with complete breakdown on ALL assemblies (including the bolt).

https://store.savagearms.com/partfinder/

Just enter in your rifles serial number and you will get the exact dawing you need. If you right click on the drawing, you can save it to your local hard drive as a jpeg. After that, it is up to you to do the right thing with respects to the original authors rights.

stangfish
05-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Hey brother. Are you trying to take your firing pin assembly apart.? if so is it to clean it, repair it, set the protrusion? I believe we can offer advice if need be, but if your writing a book................. ;D

joeb33050
05-09-2012, 04:36 AM
'm writing a book on the Savage.
I just emailed you a file, a chapter called "ADJUSTING THE SAVAGE FIRING PIN" that shows the parts, how to adjust, take apart and re-assemble.
All the pieces of the book are at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/savage110group/files/
It ain't done, it ain't perfect, it needs editing, but it's yours if you need it.
Anything there is free to all to copy and use wherever you wish.
While the pictures in the articles are low resolution, I have my original photos at high resolution if anyone needs them.
joe b.

1jonzmith
05-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Joel,

That is a most excellent piece of work. A "illustrated parts breakdown" doesn't get any better. Your book wil be amazing when completed. I will certainly read what you have done already.

Thank you,

John

1jonzmith
05-09-2012, 01:04 PM
I can't get my computer to down load your attical. ????????/

thanks,

john

1jonzmith
05-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Without the authors permission, you do not legally have the right to use (IE - repost on the internet) their property (which includes their drawings). I do not know the policy on this board, but please try to get permission where it is needed.

Having said that, here is the link to their "parts finder" with complete breakdown on ALL assemblies (including the bolt).

https://store.savagearms.com/partfinder/

Just enter in your rifles serial number and you will get the exact drawing you need. If you right click on the drawing, you can save it to your local hard drive as a jpeg. After that, it is up to you to do the right thing with respects to the original authors rights.

j,

I am embarrassed once again. Couldn't see the forest for the trees and I let myself get distracted. I really "only want to get there" and i don't care much about credit. Your link to the parts finder is the solution and I will embed that in my final post. Thank you and be assured you have my enthusiastic permission to "get my attention" any way needed, including rude barkings.

Thank you,

John

1jonzmith
05-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Hey brother. Are you trying to take your firing pin assembly apart.? if so is it to clean it, repair it, set the protrusion? I believe we can offer advice if need be, but if your writing a book................. ;D

No book....no credits...no author...just a how to and a much needed explanation on the whys. It will also provides a method to compare the effectiveness of any new "wonder" oil. Sorta beat this or go home kinda thing.

Thanks for your question,

John

1jonzmith
05-09-2012, 03:06 PM
'm writing a book on the Savage.
I just emailed you a file, a chapter called "ADJUSTING THE SAVAGE FIRING PIN" that shows the parts, how to adjust, take apart and re-assemble.
All the pieces of the book are at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/savage110group/files/
It ain't done, it ain't perfect, it needs editing, but it's yours if you need it.
Anything there is free to all to copy and use wherever you wish.
While the pictures in the articles are low resolution, I have my original photos at high resolution if anyone needs them.
joe b.

Joe,

As I said in my email "that is a superb link" it gives all the info on how to work with the firing pin assembly. And I have found a rational for including it in a piece on reducing bolt friction, even if it is apparent.

Thank you for youi valid contribution to my "little project".

John