PDA

View Full Version : Dimples

scope eye
05-08-2012, 12:11 PM
When resizing brass either up or down a size how do you avoid dimples around the neck area, they chamber just fine but they look like such a hack job, with the total time I spend preparing a round, with the trimming- sizing- flash hole and so on the finished cartage looks like it was made by little Abner.

Tanks Dean

mytwo60
05-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Shoot it and the dimples will go away.

darkker
05-08-2012, 12:42 PM
If they are dimpled Inward, it sounds like you have too much lube on the cases, or stuck in the die.

Nor Cal Mikie
05-08-2012, 01:03 PM
Too much lube on the case. Just a little on your fingers, rubbed on the case. Imperial sizing die wax works the best and a small can lasts a lifetime. No spray cans for me. And no stuck cases in dies either. ;)

scope eye
05-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the reply's, It's a 338 EDGE so between 2 bucks a pop for brass, bullets that come in boxes of fifty for the price of other bullets that come in hundreds, that and one hundred grains of powder, I am afraid to total it up but it must be close to four bucks a round at least the first time anyways, and for them to look like that the humanity's.

Nor Cal Mikie
05-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Just be glad you're not shooting a 50 BMG! :o
Don't ever try to figure out how much you spend to go shooting. It's a loosing battle. Just enjoy it. ;D

scope eye
05-08-2012, 02:25 PM
To much lube, it was hydro locking, just a little around the neck works just fine, I was being generous with the lube since it was such a large step up on such a large case, I guess not, It just goes to show some jobs are better done by hand ;D

scope eye
05-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Thanks everyone who answered my distress.

Dean