PDA

View Full Version : My 308 and torque values

Pages : 1 [2]

Dennis
05-20-2012, 08:57 AM
There are guys shooting specialty pistols at 1000 yards and holding group sizes less than MOA.

These guys have to be super talented!

[quote]You don't have a torque problem....you have a tune problem. By shortening the barrel and adding a brake you have move the node./quote]

I still have to agree with the above statement from sharpshooter! Harmonics and "node's" will change with barrel alterations! I added a break to two of my rifles. My proven loads went oiut the door when I did this, however, it was easy to tune it back in. I understand this might not be the case for some barrels, JMO Dennis

I also had a bad bedding job on one of my rifles. I let a known good smith redo the bedding. It cost, but the results are well worth the money.

Your groups look great!

calling4life
05-20-2012, 09:39 AM
I shot some more with the 168's, shot a 10 shot group, 8 in a solid 1/2", one shot out of position opening it up and one pulled. Ended at probably 1.1"
Another 5 shot that was probably .75"

I'm still very much the limiting factor, I'll post the groups, the 10 shot makes that very evident, but for now I have a match to get ready for.

The 175's are the winners here, I'll order two more cases this week.

Gmac5
05-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Barrel length is not a factor for accuracy,length changing harmonics are the only time length will change accuracy.
Too many variables,not enough data to actually come to any conclusion.
Good shooting tho
Gary