PDA

View Full Version : DBM won't stay in action

mtang45
05-06-2012, 04:24 PM
I just got back from the range and trying out my 300 RUM build and am extremely pleased with the accuracy. However, one issue that bugs me (and I haven't really looked closely at it yet) is the magazine would not stay in the action. Every time I pulled the trigger the magazine would fall out on the bench. I finally left it out and just single fed.

Anyone ever experience this?

mtang45
05-06-2012, 07:54 PM
OK, I've had a chance to examine it a bit closer. The ass end of the magazine wants to pop out about an 1/8" with the bolt closed and I cannot get it to seat properly. With the bolt open it does stay in but it is a little difficult to insert properly so it stays in. Under recoil it will not stay in the bottom metal and falls out on the bench. I'm stumped. This is my first LA centerfeed and have never experienced this problem with my SA centerfeed DBM

sharpshooter
05-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Loosen the front action screw and see if that will let it latch. If it does, you will need to place a shim washer between the magazine frame and the stock. Most of the time.005-.010" will do the trick.

mtang45
05-06-2012, 08:21 PM
Well carp >:(

I compared my SA to the LA magazine and noticed the rear tab that clips the backend of the mag in place was smashed almost flat, where the SA mag had about a 1/16" of air between the tab and the body. Sooo I took my knife edge and tried to slip it under the tab on the LA to give it a little lift....and 'SNAP' it popped off. >:( >:( >:(

So now I need a new mag body......