PDA

View Full Version : Bench Mark barrel received.

1jonzmith
05-06-2012, 01:35 PM
I got my 6mmNorma BR last Saturday. It was worth the wait and the money...so far. It is beautiful. The chamber is polished up to a mirror and I see down the bore in the reflection. The bore is just as shiny. WOW. I asked for the muz to be threaded for a brake and they did that but they also gave me a knurled thread protector That is a perfect fit in every regard. The threading cost me $45 and I thought that reasonable, especially so given the Hi-Endedness of the shop. Apparently they made the thread protector, screwed it on and only then did all the crown work cause it fits without a seam showing.

Bench Mark was great to deal with and I can't wait to ghet this Bad Girl on the range. I also have a Criterion barrel on order but that is a 308 and can't be expected to have te inherent accuracy as the 6mm.

I will post again....

John

nsaqam
05-09-2012, 07:14 PM
I had a good email discussion with Ron Sinnema at Benchmark and they are one of the few companies which will make a SS barrel in the #1 contour to finish at 24" long.
He also told me that fluting a #1 would be a waste of money even though he could've charged me for that service. That says a lot about the man and his company.
They'll be getting my next custom barrel order for sure.

catfish
05-10-2012, 12:54 AM
What did the barrel cost?

1jonzmith
05-11-2012, 10:16 PM
What did the barrel cost?

Cat,

Gentle men never tell. For more than one reason....my wife thinks it was $73.68.

You call them...they will quote you for anything they do and they will steer you away from wasting your money...even at their own expense. As barrel makers go it is my understanding that you can do as well but you can't do better.

Call them,

John

catfish
05-12-2012, 04:25 AM
Ya i remember when benchmark started becoming more popular because of their rimfire barrels. I want to say they had tapered choked bores and reverse tapered muzzle weighted barrels that made them shoot so good. As i recall their rimfire barrels cost more than their centerfire ones. I really wish brux would make savage prefits direct. I think im going to sell a bunch of my new takeoff barrels and order a cut rock creek prefit and probably a shilen

1jonzmith
05-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Do you have a 308 cal in your "pile" to be liquidated".

John

catfish
05-12-2012, 03:04 PM
No I had one but turned it into a small shank 300 rum barrel for my uncle. Check over on armslist, 223 stainless fluted, 6.5-284 SS f class, 300 rum SS sporter, 243 SS sporter and a rem 700 VSSF 22-250 used w about 200 rounds down it. I only have the first 3 listed right now. Probably put them on ebay in 2 weeks, and the 223 may end up staying w me.